© 2020 Pulse - Voices from the Heart of Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved.
Making a Poetry Submission
You may submit up to three poems. Please send each poem on a separate submission form.
Poems with unique formatting (spacing or indents): In addition to submitting your poem on this form, also send your poem–without your name on it–as a Word document attachment to email@example.com.
Please keep the following in mind:
- The subject matter should be related to illness, healing and/or health care;
- The poem should reflect the author’s real-life personal experience, which might include events involving self, family, friends or patients;
- Poems should not exceed two pages in length (and shorter is perfectly fine!);
- Haiku have a separate submission process. Otherwise, there are no restrictions on form (sonnets, free verse, whatever) or tone (humorous, reflective; joyful, sorrowful); and
- Please respect the identity and confidentiality of anyone you write about, especially if that person is a patient.
Feel free to query us (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the status of your work at any time.